Sunday 9 September 2012

I'm back :D

Hello, I'm back from my break that I never mentioned I was having before having and then returning from it. A lot's happened, but I've got a good track record for keeping important events to myself, so why change now?  Instead, I have pictures!

Firstly, it was Emma's birthday a short while ago.  This is 4 days late, but better late than never.


Happy Birthday, Emma!  Hope you had a good one!

Secondly, I actually have a pony.  Yes.  A My Little Pony pony.  This is a first attempt at mimicking the style of the new My Little Pony telly programme for a fan project a friend of mine is doing; he's asked me to provide character and enemy art, so this was my practice run for that.

It's a character who I think is called Applebloom, looking a bit older than she really should be.



And lastly, something that I've been working on for a friend of one of his characters.  The first image is a character reference sheet I worked on a while ago, which I'm in the process of remaking.  The bottom image is essentially version 2 of the character (as of yet not greenlighted, but I dunno if it will be given that it is quite different from the original).  I decided that the sort of deviantART fad with dragon anatomy is very boring and limiting, so on the remake I stopped trying to follow it.  Just draw a dragon how I think a dragon should look.


V1

V2

I leave you with this.




1 comment:

  1. Hang on a moment, before I type up a coherent blog entry, I have to do this first:

    SJHKDJHDKJHSKJNKJ OH MY SHDKJHJK THAT IS THE BEST THING EVER OH DEAR LORD I CAN'T I HATH FORSAKEN MY ABILITIES TO CAN.

    ... now that THAT'S out of the way, I can make some sense. Somewhat.

    This picture is so amazing and perfect in every single friggin way, you have no idea. There are all the badges and all the pigeons trying to see which of them I'll draw next and MUFFIN IS THERE OMFG AAAHHHH THIS IS ACTUALLY THE BEST THING EVER YOU DON'T EVEN. My skull must be super strong if that fat bugger can perch on it! And oh my god, Tweak's face. TWEAKS. FACE. ITS SO PERFECT EVERYTHING IS AND JUST AAAAHHHHSHSDJB

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I AM PRINTING THIS OUT TO KEEP FOREVER AND I'M PUTTING IT ON MY BLOG TO SHOW OFF AND EVERYWHERE ELSE AS WELL, HUSH WOMAN YOU CAN'T STOP ME

    ... OK, I think I'm good for n- OH MY GOOD MY LITTLE PONY OMFG APPLEBLOOM OG DEAR GOD YOU'RE DRAWING PONIES I NEED TO DRAW PONIES TOO, WE CAN BE PONY DRAWING FOLK AND BE EVEN MORE AWESOME AND AAHSBHJBS

    ... ok, NOW I'm- HOLY SHIT DRAGONS YOU DRAW DRAGONS LIKE A BOSS TEACH ME YOUR DRAGON DRAWING WAYS, OH ALMIGHTY DRAGON BORN DRAWER

    ... Damnit Rachel, stop with all the awe- OH GODDAMNIT NOW I HAVE TO FAVE THIS VIDEO AAAHSBHHJSBJ

    I'm going to type up my blog now so that I can stop pounding into your poor defenseless comment box. Tally ho and seriously, that picture is amazing, thank you so much <3

    ReplyDelete